KECdesign is a wholesale foodservice equipment dealer looking for Equipment Install Supervisors who work with our project team and General Contractors on job-sites around the country.
Install Supervisors travel to customer job sites throughout the US to oversee the installation of commercial kitchen equipment. It involves supervision of labor from a consolidating warehouse, lift gate truck delivery, unloading, uncrating, assembly and setting in place of equipment. It may require several days of travel per week in multiple cities.
The person who excels in this role maintains a professional image, is self-motivated, likes to direct staff, has the competitive nature to ‘hustle’ on a job site, and enjoys the variety of travel. A typical install is one day, usually with one night of travel required. It may involve multiple installs in a week, or none, depending upon volume. All transportation costs are covered as a part of the position and expenses for dining allowed. Any frequent flyer miles, hotel points or other travel rewards are retained for personal use.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Basic carpentry skills with ability to use a variety of hand tools
- Able bodied and physically able to lift up to 60lbs and move through an airport quickly.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with store owners, GCs and laborers
- Aptitude in understanding operating manuals and conveying simple instructions to individuals with no background in with foodservice equipment
- Technological skills to use iPad for relaying delivery information to the home office
- Problem-solving and follow-up skills
- Solid time management skills with an ability to arrive at job site on schedule and keep the project moving
- Detail orientation, maturity and ability to fly, rent cars and self-manage arrival and departures to and from job-sites
Pay structure varies based upon working arrangement:
- Full-time installers are located in our central IL headquarters and offset travel days with work performed on local installs, facilities management or equipment servicing. Base pay ranges from $40 - $44,000 plus bonuses for each install and a full benefit package.
- Part-time installers are regional employees, with access to major airport. Day rate range $375 - $500.
For consideration, email: HR@kecdesign.com and attach a resume.
- Independent Contractors are regional, with access to major airport. Day rate range is $475 - $600, and view this as a supplement to other business interests.