KECdesign is a wholesale foodservice equipment industry looking for Equipment Install Supervisors who work in conjunction with our project team and our customer’s General Contractors on job-sites.
Our Install Supervisors travel to chain restaurant job sites throughout the US to oversee the installation of commercial kitchen equipment. It involves supervision of labor from a consolidating warehouse, and the subsequent lift gate delivery, unloading, uncrating, assembly and setting in place of equipment. It may require several days of travel per week in multiple cities. Full time employees not traveling are required to have a solid office skill set when not on the road to perform other key remote tasks. Approved Independent Contractors do not have to perform supplemental duties when not on the road, other than those related to travel and invoicing. The Installer work week is almost always M-F and time of day varies based upon city ordinances.
The person who excels in this role maintains a professional image, is highly self-motivated and a hard worker who enjoys work variety. A typical install is one day, usually with one night of travel required. This job may involve multiple installs in a week, or none, depending upon volume. All transportation costs are covered as a part of the position and expenses for dining allowed. Any frequent flyer miles, hotel points or other travel rewards are retained for personal use.
· Valid Driver’s License
· Basic carpentry skills with ability to use a variety of hand tools
· Physical ability to lift up to 75lbs
· Strong communication skills and ability to work with store owners, GCs and laborers
· Aptitude in understanding operating manuals and conveying simple instructions
· Technological skills to use iPad for relaying delivery information to the home office
· Problem-solving skills
· Solid time management skills with an ability to arrive at job site on schedule and keep the project moving
· Detail orientation, maturity and ability to fly, rent cars and self-manage arrival and departures to and from job-sites
Full positions offer a base, plus install bonus and benefits including healthcare, dental, vision, 401K, short term disability, life insurance, paid vacation.
Independent Contractors are paid a daily rate and submit invoices for job related expenses and must show proof of required insurance coverages for their business. No employee benefits are offered.